Sunday 2 September 2012

Lovely run with Mallow AC-21 up.


Saturday 1st September

Rest day from running today. Anyway enough household jobs around the house to keep me busy.

Sunday 2nd September

The running group met up at the roundabout inn at 8 am. A early start but was needed given the fact we were going to do 20 miles. Can’t  say I was particularly looking forward to it. I mean who really looks forward to a 20 mile slog? Nevertheless it had to be done. We took a lovely but testing route. Normally I drive around here but running allows you to see the countryside in a different light. We went to Newpothouse, took a right towards Doneraile, went past Springfort Hall and took a left at the Hazel tree pub. Stopped for water break and a chat with the other runners who were joining  us. Then onto Buttevant taking a backroad behind the 14th century monastic site of Ballybeg and into the town of Buttevant. We then proceeded towards Doneraile stopping for another water break , running through the town and onto the road to Newtwopothouse. Plenty of hills and pulls to keep me busy. I was feeling very comfortable and was thinking of running the last 10 at MP but thought better of it. The lads and lady (great running as usual by Sharon) stopped again at 16mile for more water. I headed on myself and spotted Noel and Dermot way off. Too fast and far for  me for me to catch up but with the last 4 miles or so downhill I decided to lift the legs a bit. Got back to the roundabout at 20.8 miles so jogged another bit to make it 21miles. I noticed the rest of group coming in at that stage so it was obvious everyone was pushing it for the last 4 miles. No doubt about it Mallow AC has some serious runners running with them. They are a lovely bunch and it’s great for a slowcoach like me to run with them

The whole thing took me 3.03.42 seconds. Average pace 8.45. HR 141 but were it not for the breaks it might have been closer to 150.

Normally when I come home from a long run I am usually famished but no appetite today. Apart from a bit of fruit , nothing!!! Strange. It will need watching because a suppressed system could be a sign of a cold or flu.

Miles for the week 57/58  miles

Monday 4 miles, Tuesday 9 miles, Wednesday 8 miles, Thursday 8 miles, Friday 6.2 race plus 1 mile warm up and 1 mile cooldown, Sunday 21 miles

 

2 comments:

  1. Hi, also hoping for similar target time in DCM as you. Will follow your blog until then might see you in Dublin. Good luck with training and blogging, Colm Dublin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Colm. All comments and readers welcome. Hope you do well in Dublin

    ReplyDelete