Sunday 29 July 2012

Getting 50 miles back up on the legs


Monday 23 July 2012

This time last year I was in New York. It was our honeymoon and we had planned to spend nearly 3 weeks travelling around the USA – New York,Washington, Las Vegas (3 days is plenty in Vegas), San Diego. I was worried about fitting my running in and running in the heat. Anyway I managed it but when I was running today there wasn’t a puff of air in the sky. Very warm, even the strong breeze was quite warm. Could have done with a water bottle. Anyway took it very easy -9 miles at 8.41 pace. HR 141.

24th July

Headed out with Mallow Ac. Ran 2 easy miles with the beginners group. We then jogged 1 ½ miles to the industrial estate and ran 15 minutes at tempo pace (7.15 and 7.15). Did a few warm up drills and then 6 X one minute sprints with equal recoveries. Jogged back to the meeting point another 1 ½ miles. Garmin said I did 8 miles.

25th July

4 miles recovery. Jog/ walk/jog. Around 40 minutes. Hr 121.

26th July

Not a puff of air this morning. Decided to do 8.5 miles this morning as I offered to do 2/3 miles with the fit for life group in Doneraile park. Anyway the humidity was effecting me a bit alright so I had to slow it down. Did 7.5 miles in 60 minutes and saw the last miles in another 8 minutes for a perfect 8 minute run. Will use the 4 miles this evening as a recovery run and will rest tomorrow. 15 mile LSR on Sunday. Hoping to stay on my feet for over 2 hours for this one. Long runs are becoming more critical.

8.5 miles in 1hr 08 minutes. HR 157.(high HR)



26th July

Did 4 miles to help out with the fit 4 life group as most of the club runners were down in Churchtown south doing the 5 miler. Too far for me, maybe next year. Anyway I was a bit tired after it despite the slow pace. It will count as a recovery run I suppose but could also be classified as junk miles. It was great to see to so many runners in Doneraile park.

4 miles – 40 minutes

27th/ 28th July – Had enough household chores to keep me off the roads today. Will probably wait to go running again until Sunday when I intend to meet up with Mallow AC for their log run. On Saturday the throat and tum were not feeling the best so hopefully rest and water will sort me out. Will just have to avoid all that bad food that will be placed in front of me today at a family christening!!!!

29th July – Met up with Mallow ac for the Sunday long run. The plan was for 15 miles or so. Around 8/9 set off. By mile 6 the group had broken into different sections. 3 up front , me in the middle on my own and 3 down the back. The other3 or 4 headed away after 5 miles having done their 10 mile portion earlier that morning. The club picked a lovely route for the run and I was running at a nice old pace , certainly not the 9 minute pace I hoped for. I should have coped myselfon and went with the wiser heads down the back but as usual I couldn’t help myself. Miles 1- 7 were at 8.30 pace with the last 7.5 at sub 8 pace. I was hitting a good stride without even trying. By the time I finished up I was strong enough to do another couple of miles. Heart rate was 149. Will be doing 16-17 miles next week but I will have to stretch it out at a lot slower pace. A good weeks running.

Monday 9 miles. Tuesday 9 miles. Wednesday 4 miles. Thursday  8.5 miles +4 miles, Sunday 15.5 miles.

Total Mileage  50 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment