Sunday 8 July 2012

End of the week


6th July

Ran 6 miles. Took it handy. Around 8.27 pace. Average HR 141

7th July

Long run Saturday but not a really long run. This was a cutback long run. Easy relaxed pace. 11 miles at around 8.40 pace. Average Hr 140.

8th July

Did a light recovery jog of 2 miles

A decent enough running week. Ran well on Monday and Tuesday. Wednesday 5K run was poor-not so much the time but the finish. Legs were sore on Thursday and needed rest. Friday did a nice 6 miles at medium pace. Saturday was a cutback long run. I have used these before and usually help me get ready for the next long run on the following weekend. That said it is clear the 11-15 medium runs are too much for me and will have to be adjusted. If by October I get around 62-70 miles up on the legs, a maximum long run of 22 to 23 (with some MP runs in there), tempo runs of 7 miles and 2 medium runs in a week to a max of 10-12 miles I will be very happy. I also hope my running of 2 to 3 half marathons in August/ September helps. Most importantly I hope that I stay injury free and hungry for road!!!! Plan running 4 mile race in Dromcollogher tomorrow. Will use it as a tempo so no going faster than 7.00-7.15 pace.It's essentially a localish race so the pride will have to be swallowed ;-)

Total mileage for the week 42 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment