Sunday 8 December 2019

Training log week ended 8th December

All the running was compressed into 4 days - Tuesday a 30 minute walk run around Charleville - 3 mls, lots of stretching on the way. Wednesday around 7.2 mls in a hour and a very slow 7 mls at 9 minute pace followed by a 20 mile epic in Cork on Friday.
 I broke the 20 mile run in to 5 X 1 ml loops  around Mayfield and then 15 mls on the regular "Cork long run route" out towards the long road by the Lee Fields and 2 mls back into the city stopping by the bus stop on Summerhill. If I wanted to jog back to Mayfield that would have meant another 4 mls on very very tough hills, it's unlikely I would have been able to run it without walking. It's something I may come back too in the future. This time I was happy / relived to get the run done. The whole thing took 3 hours.

My splits were very even generally in the 8.45 to 8.55 area. As I waited for the bus I popped into the off licence for the life giving properties of Tanora and a Mars bar !!! I was reasonably comfortable for the rest of the day. It was only my second 20 ml run this year but I was happy enough with it.

Saturday was a busy day - Iseult had a visit to Santa in my wife's workplace and I then drove from Limerick to Cork for my work xmas party. Sunday I had planned to do a easy recovery run but Aoiffe was struck down with a bug so that was that. It would have been great to do the 40 mls for the week. Monday is out of the question too. I'm doing a course on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment