Wednesday 25 December 2019

Training Log 25th December

Christmas Day. I ran 22.7 mls in Cork yesterday. The whole thing took 3hrs30mins taking me right up to my Mum's house in Mayfield. I could have ran for another 3 minutes to get up to the 23 miles but the lure of the annual Lotabeg Green fry up was a temptation too strong ;-) I ran 7 X 1 miles around Lotabeg and then onto and turn around at the top of the North Mall running back the way I came. Anyway job done delighted. It was a tough especially the last 5 miles, lots of hills and one 3 minute walking spell up Spring Lane past the Glen Rovers hurling club. Lots of slow shuffle running after that , not pretty and it looked demented to one of my old neighbours (he thought I might a lift from the AA !!) but I was very happy with it. Hopefully it will serve me well for future challenges ahead.

The fry up was well worth it. All the family were there and that was great.

No running today. Legs a bit stiff and calves a bit tight but hope to get a few more runs in during the week. Again my weekly totals are on the low side.

P.S

Just forgot I did 5.5 miles last Tuesday, 7.3 miles Thursday and 8 miles Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment