Tuesday 15 August 2017

another midweek post

15th August

No running on Thursday having left my running shorts in Charleville when I drove up to Mayfield. I ran a 8K race in Mitchelstown (strange distance 4.97 miles) in what was obviously a new PB for me in 33.17 (33.33 for 5 miles). The course was mostly downhill and flat so one has to be sensible in regarding this time. Still though I was delighted to have goe out and raced. It broke the cycle of running solo and had me in good form for a 21- 22 mile long run with Mallow clubmates – Aidan, Pa, Barry and Colm on Sunday. I took it pretty hand running for 3hours08minutes. It was a tough route and it was challenging but it was a excellent training run.
55 miles for the week


Monday I was pretty wrecked and went for a simple 4 mile walk around the town pondering how the runners in Connemara managed to get through 100 miles on Sunday. Tuesday was a tempo run – 2 mile warm up and ½ mile cool down with 7 miles at 7.10 pace. I had hoped to hit around 7.03-7.05 pace but it didn’t happen today, the last mile through the park (not with standing having to stop for pedestrians and buggies) was a tough 7.19 mile. Cream crackered but happy to have it out of the way before 12 mid day. The little one kept me busy enough for the rest of the day. The sleep patterns at night could be changing, hopefully I’m wrong. Busy week ahead on all fronts.

Todays run (Wednesday) was a good run. I ran 5 miles to Bally hea and 5 miles back up to Charleville. First 5 miles downhill was at 8.12 pace, the last 5 miles uphill were covered at 7.48 pace tacking a last mile and a half around the town at 7.40 pace. Very happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment