Sunday 23 July 2017

Keying in...

July 23rd 2017

The last week was a pretty good one on the running front. It was more about the quality of running than the quantity. I hope I have pretty much keyed into what is the best running strategy for me given my responsibilities at home and the changes in other areas. Last Sunday I ran a 18 miler in the company of Adrian and Pa. Adrian Fitch is running Berlin as well and is going great guns sticking strictly to a rigid and aggressive training plan. It seems to be paying off in spades.

My plan is more general but I hope the benefits will be apparent in a while. The 18 mile (18.5 miles to be exact was a slow one and very relaxed- time on the feet,2hrs40mins. Monday was the usual 45 jog, walk, stroll, jog, walk, stroll with Bubs in the buggy around the town park. Tuesday a 5 mile tempo at 7.06 pace with a 2 mile tempo and 1 mile cooldown. Splits were 7.12, 7.08, 7.07, 7.06 and 6.53. Wednesday a 90 , 9.5 slow run in Charleville and Thursday a controlled 7.57 paced run up in Cork covering 7.6 miles or 1 hour. No running Friday and a excellent 90 minute run on Saturday at 7.32 pace, again on my own before heading up to a wedding in Clare. The last run is always a tough one, the last mile was a slow one (something to remember) but the rest were all in the 7.25 to 7.35 range. Wouldn’t it be great to manage that for 26.2 miles?


P.S The week before I ran 45 miles so again a good few weeks of consistent running. The speedwork session for the week was 9 miles with 6 X 800's in the 3.18 to 3.23 range.

No comments:

Post a Comment