Sunday 7 June 2015

Marathon training I suppose.

Week ended 7th June
21 weeks to the Dublin marathon. I don’t really know to be honest how the training cycle will go as I am balancing trying to get good training done with trying to avoid further injury. That said the running week was a reasonable one. I ran 5 days this week. Monday was a 4 mile recovery jog keeping the HR under 140 in pretty dreadful conditions. This was the day of the Cork marathon. I was down to run a leg of the relay but because of one thing or the other I had to withdraw. On Tuesday I ran my first tempo run since probably February. 1 mile warmup – 3 mile tempo at 7.10 average and 1 mile cooldown. The splits were 7.05, 7.05 and a laboured stiff and sore 7.18. Hr was 163. A solid effort though I will be hoping to improve in the last mile.
On Wednesday I ran 6 miles in Charleville. It was supposed to be a hilly run but given the lack of hills in the area I had to make do with hill repeats by the local hotel and repeating a 1 mile pull up by Love Lane. Thursday was a club session with Mallow my first in 4 weeks. I warmed up with a few miles and then ran 4 X 6 minutes, covering 3.5 miles. I hadn’t realised my pace was so fast around 6.51 pace. I guess I just felt energised.
Friday was a rest day as was Saturday. Hopefully in a few weeks I get that extra run in on the Saturday. Sunday was a long run with the club. We ran 11.5 miles at a relaxed pace of 9.15. Just as well as the Hr was a bit high 143.

Mileage for week 32 miles. Monday 4 miles with 5 X 30 seconds strides, Tuesday 5 miles with 3 mile tempo at 7.10 pace, Wednesday 6 miles with hill repeats, Thursday 6 miles with 4 X 6 minutes at 6.51 pace, Sunday 11.5 miles at 9.15 pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment