Monday 15 June 2015

Looks like Frankfurt

Week ending 14th June
I bit the bullet and pinned my colours to running the Frankfurt marathon on October 25th 2015. As seems to be the case these days there is a large number from Mallow AC going and despite my best efforts to resist I gave into (polite ) peer pressure. I found myself caving in after one group long run too many. Kind of weak that way…… Marathon runners always feel the next race will be the PB race. Aoiffe, my wife, is looking forward to the break away so that helps soften the ground.
Anyway I booked the flights flying from Faranfore airport to Frankfurt – Hahn airport. As you expect from Ryanair the airport is actually quite a distance from Frankfurt, I hadn’t realised until I booked it the distance is actually 120 Km or nearly 2 hours by bus!!!!! Anyway all travel things aside I am sure it will be a cracking weekend and most importantly a good race for me. It’s been a long time since a marathon PB – nearly 3 years and realistically given my age it could be my last chance. After that I could be entering the dreaded era of “seasonal bests”.
Anyway a good running week. Monday 3 mile walk with my wife, Tuesday 5.2 mls with 7 X 30 second strides, Wednesday 6 mls at 8 min pace with hill repeats, Thursday 8 mls (3 miles with couch to 5k, 3 X 10 minutes at 7.05 and 1 mile cooldown), Sunday 11 miles with 6 miles at 7.45 pace.
The last two sessions were with Mallow ac. Tadhg did a great job of pacing me on the Sunday run. It was a marathon pace run and it was tough. Long way to go.

Mileage for the week 32 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment