Wednesday 18 April 2012

In the game of thrones you win or you die....


Did 3 miles recovery in the town park in Charleville. Did a mixture of slow walking and jogging and was conscious of the need  not to speed it up and to run it as a true recovery run. Took around 30 minutes.  6 and half laps around a park isn’t exactly exciting stuff. Tuesday , 17th April. Had planned to do 6 miles with 5 X ½ mile repeats but the legs were like rocks all day and was practically nodding off at times in work. I thought my humour would improve once I got home but if anything i was less inclined to go out. Any in my schedule I designated this week as a cut back week (25 miles) and since I have signed for a 4 mile race on Thursday in Ballintotis I have decided to use that as my speed session. On the way home from work I called into Doneraile park and ran two laps of the park (6.2 miles in total). I do like running there but it ain’t a fast route and the half mile uphill is a real killer. At times my pace dropped to 10 mins a mile crawling up the hill. After the run (done at 8.20 pace) I did a 2 minute recovery and ran 6 sprints (0.1 mile) with 20 second recoveries. Enjoyed the session and I was happy to see the heavy legs and heavy mind lift. Came home to see my wife go out for her Wednesday exercise fix. Anyway to-morrow I have a 4 mile race in Ballintotis to enjoy. Will run this a tempo run and see how it goes. Back to watching Game of Thrones boxset tonight. Can you believe what happens in episode 8 series 1!!!!!

16th April 3 miles recovery (10 minute pace)

17th April rest day- heavy legs

18th  April 3X2 (6.2 miles) laps of Doneraile park (8.20 pace) with 2 minute recovery and 6 X 0.1 mile sprints with 20 second recoveries.)

No comments:

Post a Comment