Monday 21 February 2022

Photo Donadea 50k 2022 - DNF with COVID

 I don't really take a good photo at the best of times but the below one says it all. I think I was 9 miles into the race (3laps out of 10laps) and I was feeling pretty crappy. Snot running down the nose and weak legs. Chest was starting to heave as well. Finished up at 15.5 miles. Hacked up the phlegm. Drove home. Positive antigen test the day after. Positive PCR test the day after that. Felt pretty mank and tired all the week. A bit like a flu. Informed all close contacts, employer and race organiser. Felt a lot better on the Saturday after. Self isolation finished on Monday 21st. Blank antigen test. (Why I couldn't have got the VID a week later?) Went for a jog today. 4 miles. Slow pace (9.11 per mile) but the HR wasn't so unreasonable as to be considered crazy (154). Ankle sore mind you. Donadea hurt me but 950 euro raised for Women's Aid. Time to pick myself up.


No comments:

Post a Comment