Sunday 6 December 2020

December update

 Blog update.....running pretty well since the virtual marathon..doing roughly 20 miles a week...3 to 4 runs a week but mostly 3..monday rest , tuesday 4 miles recovery, thursday 5 milles , saturday 5 miles, sunday 10-11 miles long run. I have started doing some speed work and I'm enjoying it to be fair. a few 3 x 1 mile repeats at around 7.10 per mile and a couple 4 mile tempos at around 7.27 pace. Not massively speedy but enough to wish I could train for a few 10 mile or 10k races, which obviously aren't going to go ahead. I do think if the usual Dungarvan 10 mile race and Adare 10k were going ahead I could build up a pretty good head of steam. 

I'm not going to be doing more than 10 mile to 13 miles on the long runs as there really isn't any point and I will capping the weekly mileage at 25 - 30 miles a week, At least that's the plan.Donadea 50k isn't going happen in February either (I reckon) but I am hopeful that we will see some resumpation of racing and races later in 2021.

this week was a 4 mile run and 6 miles with a 4 mile tempo (7.36, 7.23, 7.17, 7.31). HR peaked at 176 which is pretty good. I only got 2 done as I am caught up with corrections, tests and other school work not to mention the Christmas house decorations!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment