Sunday 24 May 2020

Running in the time of Covid -part 8

I had planned to take a easier week this week as the legs were feeling heavy for the last few sessions last week.  I was consistently hitting 30 miles for the last 4/5 weeks so it was no harm. The other big news of the week was the cancellation of the Dublin City Marathon. It was hardly a surprise and it was the correct decision but now I have a large gap in terms of "what am I training for". The answer is "I don't really know". I could train away to run a personal marathon in August but unless it's officially recognized  and I get a nice chunk of metal for it there seems little point at the moment. We will see what happens down the line. Maybe just keep doing 30-35 a miles a week for the month of June might be enough of a challenge.

Monday - I ran with just a stopwatch at recovery marathon pace. Maybe 5 miles maybe a bit more. Pace was probably 9.20 per mile.

Tuesday - no running. Aoiffe was busy with work meetings in the morning so running wasn't a option. I was happy to avail of the excuse.

Wednesday - 6 miles at a relaxed 8.16 pace

Thursday - 6 miles with 3 X 1 miles . First mile was a bit rusty 7.14 or so but last two a lot better 7.07 and 7.04. I didn't have another one in me but might remedy that in the future

Friday - no plans to go for a run. As it was it was a crazy work day.

Saturday - Probably a disappointing session in a lot of ways. I was thinking maybe 8 miles at a faster MP pace on the Coolens route. First 10 km went well , 7.55 pace but I bonked after that and I called it quits. Just walked home . Mind you I had a good day at home with Aoiffe and Iseult

Sunday - no run. Panned out on the couch for a hour during the day. Feeling a bit miserable not physically ill but just feeling a bit bluesy. Some stuff going on in the background that is affecting me. My best running can only occur if the real life stuff is going ok.

That works out as 23 miles a week. Very low to be fair but I needed the break. The "Kick" was gone out of the running a bit lately.  No harm in that.


No comments:

Post a Comment