Sunday 31 May 2020

Running in sorchio sorchio

Currently in Ireland we are going through our regular June weekend heat wave. We will enjoy it while we can as the Winter seemed to drag on for ever. It makes for tough running, evidenced by my 2 mile jog yesterday and my easy 7.2 miles today. Yesterday I probably should not have gone out to be honest. I picked up a touch of the sun the day before and wasn't feeling the best when I went out. Heavy legs, queasy stomach, a bit hot headed so I called it quits after 2 miles feeling a bit crap for the rest of the day. The bad mood took a while to lift too a sure sign I was feeling under the weather. Sunday was a bit better but even at 8 am I was beginning to suffer again with the queasy tummy so this time I just stopped after a hour - 7.2 miles up on the legs. This wasn't my original plan during the week but sometimes you have to make down with what you got.

Aside from that a good solid running week, no speedwork. Monday 4 miles recovery at 9.20, Tuesday 6.4 mls at 8.20 , steady but was finding it tough. Wednesday 7 miles at 8.06 pace pushing the pace for the last 4 miles. This was a tough run. Thursday I had a long workday ahead of me so went running Friday instead doing 6.6 mls at 8.16 pace. This was followed by 2 miles on Saturday and 7.2 miles on Sunday.

33 miles for the week. 134 miles for the month of May. Not bad these days but without a target race it's hard to keep motivated.

On a extra note Cork City marathon are now cancelling their race. It would have been originally held today. It was then deferred to Sept 6th (my birthday!!!) but is now postponed until May 2021. Today would have been a tough time to hold a marathon in such heat. I had planned to do Cork in September and Dublin in Oct had they gone ahead but I guess i will just have to run for pleasure now. Connemara is still talking about going ahead but this is hardly credible or sensible.. I might try training for a solo marathon instead but then again I might not 😆😀😀😀

No comments:

Post a Comment