Sunday 17 May 2020

Running in the time of COVID part 7

Logged my highest mileage in a long time - 33mls to 34 mls

Monday was ok enough 5 miles at a recovery pace. 9.20 per mile felt very good after it.

Tuesday - 5 mile tempo with 3 mile insert at 7.22 average per mile. It was tough but was as good as the last time I tried something similar 2 weeks ago

Wednesday - a busy day. Had to deal with a few work issues as well as starting a assignment for a course I am doing so it was easier not to run

Thursday - 6.3 mile hilly run around town and its streets. Doesn't compare to running up in Cork but it will have to do.

Friday - MP run at 7.53 pace. A good run.Didn't have to force the pace at all. 6.3 miles

Saturday - wipe out. Zoom chat and beer with the lads.That was way better. I acted as quizmaster.

Sunday - very sluggish 90 minute run. Garmin not working. Stopwatch only. Not a great work out. Hunger wasn't great. had hoped to do 12 miles but it wasn't in me. Around 10.5 miles.

A good weeks mileage but looks like all marathons will be cancelled in 2020 and possibly next year too.

1 comment:

  1. Safe to say basically every marathon in 2020 is gone at this point, shame as I had about 4 booked but sure what can you do.

    Although I see Connemara Marathon postponed their race from April to Sept and although Dublin have cancelled and so will Cork most likely Connemara Marathon still haven;t called it. I honestly don't see how they can pull it off logistically with distancing required on buses etc.

    ReplyDelete