Sunday 19 January 2020

Week ended 19th Jan 2020 - A funeral, a removal and a christening.

Sunday morning. I ran for a hour this tomorrow. Definitely on the chilly side with some of the paths less than safe. Busy old week with running so so. Monday I had do a presentation as part of this course I am doing so no run there.

 Tuesday morning I was up at 6.15am to do six miles in a relaxed 9 minute pace. Wednesday was a good workout. 9 miles at 8.05 pace, a good strong run. Thursday and Friday were write offs having to go to a family funeral on one day and working late on the other with a removal to go too as well. Saturday I was feeling a bit under the weather. I had planned to do the long run up in Cork but was feeling pretty gamy on the Friday (upset stomach, migranes) so came home thinking I would feel better on the Saturday. Anyway I wasn't not helped by Iseult deciding it was time for breakfast at 6.20 am.
I did try to get out at 9am but the paths outside the house and down by the town park were a tad slippery so mixture of pitiful self preservation, illness and tiredness saw me come back after 10 minutes. That only made my mood worse though I did manage to trot out for a laboured 4 mile jog at 2pm. I was sweating heavily during and after it and the old tummy wasn't too happy afterwards. That brings me up to todays effort - 7 miles.We have a christening to go too later, I would be happier lying down on the couch. That 26 miles for the week and 3 weeks to the 50km in Donadea. I will have to try to fit some sort of long run/time on feet by next week. That once soft looking cut off of 5 hours is looking a bit harder now.

No comments:

Post a Comment