Sunday 12 January 2020

Training report week ended 12th January

A good running week, Tried to get a bit more "pace" into the running this week partly as a reaction to last Sundays slogfest which saw me petering out badly over 17 mls and dying on my feet on 21 mls. Anyway I was back in work this week and the running helped in me getting over a difficult week on a professional front. It was also a culture shock to my daughter Iseult as well realizing Santa was well and truly over. . Tuesday I was up and out the door by 6.15 am and a handy recovery pace run at 9.20. The legs felt good, a situation confirmed by me running 7.5 miles at 8.02 pace on Wednesday evening, a pace which these days is speedy Gonzales. I was up again Thursday morning at 5.30 am (Parent teacher meeting in the evening) running 7mls at 8.20 am. Again I was very happy with the run though it was early bed for me at 9.15 that evening, a price to be paid for getting so early for running. No chance of a run Friday, in work until 7pm and home by 8.30 pm. Aoiffe was up in Dublin all day Saturday so no run there either.

Sunday was a good run. My best of this training cycle. Storm Brendan is due to arrive tomorrow morning but while out running the weather was lovely - hints of a lovely Spring to come. I decided to run 2 hours at MP pace, currently at 8.30 pace. 15 miles in total. I could have done around 5 mls extra but decided against as I had stuff to do at home. Big week next week in terms of training. Maybe the storm might affect me. We will see.My running is limited , I know that and there is a lot of important real life stuff on the horizon

Yeah it was good. A plan (fingers crossed ) is forming.

No comments:

Post a Comment