Saturday 23 November 2019

Training log week ending 17th November

A good training week in a month marked by inconsistency. Classic November issues. I'm either too wrecked or it's plain too wet to go outside. I don't mind running in the rain or the dark but running in torrential downpours ain't my thing these days. A indication of how my running habits have changed in the last 2 years. Anyway I was up early Tuesday morning for a nice relaxed 5.5 mile recovery run - around 9.30 pace. In Thursday I did 7 miles around Mayfield , Cork City, at around 8.30 pace, a bit slower than the last time I did the same route. Wednesday was a write off, the little one was sick so I had to stay at home with her and I had painters also coming in to do a extensive painting job on the house. (We got a new gaffe last August). It meant that even when Aoiffe came home it made no difference as I had no access to the bathroom (all painted). Friday not a chance, the day involves working from 8.45 to 8 that evening. That left a window of opportunity on Saturday at 6pm after another shopping trek to Cork (Christmas must be on the way). I did a bog standard 7 miles in a hour. On Sunday I ran a half marathon up in Portarlington - the Gingerbread run. It was a 2 looped course. The route was ok enough no real issues with it. I ran it at 8.25 pace for most of the time bar the last two miles which were under 8 minute pace (very fast for me these days). The time was 1.49.40 so solid enough. It was my first race since May and my first half marathon since April.

The rest of the week ...nothing much. Course on Monday. Too tired to get up early on Tuesday. No chance of a lunchtime run on Tuesday. Another course on Tuesday evening. On Wednesday I was home too late to get out for a run as I had to collect Iseult from the creche and then the downpour started again at the night. Thursday was better - 7 miles up in Mayfield. Friday too busy as usual. Saturday my wife was away at a course all day so no chance of a run either. That leaves Sunday so we see what happens then. I suppose we can find excuses when it comes to running. Up to two years ago I was pretty fanatical about the whole thing. Less so these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment