Friday 25 October 2019

running log week ended 27th October

Monday - rest day doing course. Tuesday - 5.5 mls at 6.30 am. I thought I was doing around 8.30 but overall pace was 9.20 per mile. No harm but a very slow recovery pace indeed. Wednesday - 6 miles around Charleville. I was dithering about this but a good trip to the men's room put me in good form ;-) I ran at around 8.15 pace, the last 3 miles were closer to 8min pace especially the last one which is pretty tough. Thursday I had a window of opportunity at 2.10 before the PT meeting at 4 so I drove up to Mayfield and ran the old 6 mile route covering 6.5 miles. I ran 24 minutes for the first 3 miles downhill and 26 minutes for the harder uphill portion. I used to do a lot better before on this but I was happy that I managed it with too undue effort and managed to use my "gap" time effectively. I bumped into Don on the way who was doing his own job. He is running the  Dublin marathon on Sunday alongside his wife as are a load of other people I know including my good friend Aidan. Yeah I feel bad about missing this again.On the positive side I did run 14 miles solo on Sunday. The garmin died at 12.5 mls but I was probably slightly over 14 miles if anything. 32 miles this week

No comments:

Post a Comment