Tuesday 22 March 2016

Churlish

It seems a bit churlish to write about running in the light of the unfortunate car accident that saw the cancellation of the Mallow 10 last Sunday. I was running in the back end group (mile 3) when we came upon the accident by which time the stewards and emergency services were doing sterling work in aiding the injured and diverting the runners back to headquarters. My condolences to all those people affected by this terrible tragedy.

My running seems to be picking up a small bit and while I am hopeful I may have turned a corner I won’t be making any big announcements yet. I ran 6.5 miles on Tuesday at 8.03 pace and Thursday and Friday I ran 7 miles and 6.5 miles tacking on another 4 miles on Saturday. It wasn’t the pace of the run that encouraged me more the fact I was more than willing and enthusiastic to get out and go running. Yesterday I ran a faster 6.5 miles at 7.37 pace with another 6.5 miles this morning at 7.47 pace. The legs felt fresh and I found myself in the enviable position of trying to keep the pace down. The HR for this morning’s run was 155 which while high was a within perfectly acceptable limits.

Week ending 20st March
Tuesday 6.5 miles, Thursday 6.5 miles, Friday 7 miles, Saturday 4 miles, Sunday 2 miles.

Monday 21st March 6.5 miles, Tuesday 6.5 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment