Monday 9 February 2015

Things are getting serious

Week starting 9th February
After running Dungarvan last Sunday week I deliberately didn’t set foot on the pavement until the Thursday. This week was a designated cutback week but rather than lose out on the weekend run I decided to cutback on the normal Monday Tuesday and Wednesday runs. I ran a nice comfy 10 miles on the Thursday. The pace was  8.11 but I felt like I could have kept running for 20 miles. Friday was the evening of my wife’s birthday dinner so no running there and I ran a snappy 6.2 miler at 7.47 pace on the Saturday.
On Sunday I met up with the Mallow lads for the early morning run. I ran 2.5 miles with Colm before meeting up with a large group at 8.20 am and a even larger group at 9 am. It was a tough run with a serious climb at Dromahane and later on a back road home. In all I covered 21 miles at 8.40 pace with a few water breaks thrown in. Monday morning I ran 13 miles in Charleville at 8.36 pace before heading to work so that meant a really early start. The legs were tired all evening but in a good way.
A back to back long run of 21:13 and 9 weeks to go. Things are getting serious.


Mileage for the training week :50.2 miles. Thursday 10 mls, Saturday 6.2 miles, Sunday 21 miles, Monday 13 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment