Wednesday 23 January 2013

Hmmmmmm


Monday 14th January

3 miles recovery jog. 30mins52seconds.

Wednesday 16th January

No chance of running on Tuesday- work intervened. Went out this afternoon and the legs were like bricks. Hate running like this as mental doubts also creep in. These type of runs are ordeals that have to be endured slowly. Hence the 8min20sec pace. Ran for the hour, covering 7.2 miles.

Thursday 17th January

More of the same – this time in the evening up in Mayfield. The course is a hilly one so I was overly cautious and besides I hoped the hills at a slow pace would ease out the havey legs and muscular soreness.

Run was very slow.7 miles,1hr01min39seconds, 8min48second pace

Friday 18th January

Was sufficiently revived to get and go running at 6.21am. I had to stay in Mayfield overnight in my mum’s because of a late work occasion. Surprisingly in the city there was hardly a car on the road and the street lighting made for easy navigation. I ran the same route as yesterday except this doing the route the other way around.

7.2 miles in 1 hour at 8min17second.

Saturday 19th January

Did a 3 mile warm up and then had a notion to do a 1 mile time trial at the same effort I would hope to hit in a race. AlsoI wanted to shake that sluggish heavy legged feeling that was persisting all week. Did the mile in 6.53 which lets be honest wasn’t great. I also felt laboured doing it. Finished up with 2 mile jog home. Due to head to Offaly to run a race with a friend who lives up there. It’s a 10k race so it will be a very good indicator of what i can manage in Dungarvan. Just hope it’s well organised.

6 miles with one mile time trial at 6.53. 47 minutes in total.

Sunday 20th January

Ran the 10k heath race in Portloaise.Very well organised. Did my best and happy to say I did so but the time was only ok (43.31) and two minutes slower than my PB. Good to call up to my old buddy Aidan and his family. Aidan a former teenage club runner has the Cork marathon in mind and was happy with his effort of 44.20. He will improve on what was a hilly course. I had hoped to do better but Dungarvan will be a nervy affair next week.

6.2 miles – 43.31

Miles for the week 36.4 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment