Sunday 19 February 2023

Running and the impact of running.

Monday 3 miles recovery. very slow pace 10 min 30 sec miles - Hr average 116

Tuesday - felt very tired and very cranky. Take a rest.

Wednesday - 5.5 mile jog around town. Medium pce around 8.33 pace. Hr high 153. Hmmmm

Thursday  - 5.3 miles on treadmill. 9 min average pace but started on 10 min pace and worked my way down the pace. felt great afterwards but by the end of the day very tetchy and miserable. Cranky and ill tempered. Resting Hr was in the 70's all day. Normally it's in the low 60's.

Friday - 5 miles with 3 mile tempo at 7.30 pace. Took a lot out of me. Very tired and very bothered all day. A few stomach cramps.

Saturday - rest - no running. Just a pain to be around. a lot of anguish about the ...

....Sunday long run. 12 miles. 8.45 pace. Hr a lot better 149. Last Sunday same run same route same pace - Hr 158.

Nearly 31 miles for the week, delighted to get the miles but obviously my body was getting stressed out. Maybe I was carrying a virus but it was a rough week in terms of how I felt. Outside of running (mid term week off) I did a lo of fun and good stuff but as remarked by Aoiffe it was obvious I was not  in the best of form all the time.
Running - cause or affect?
I felt a lot better this evening. Back to my usual self but very limited running this week coming.
Mind and body needs to catch up.

No comments:

Post a Comment