Sunday 23 January 2022

humph

 Last week just 2 runs. feeling the effects of that 24 mile run. V groggy all week. Some stomach issues too. 7 mls wednesday and 10 miles Sunday. I was glad of the cutback. My buddy aidan ran 26.6 miles on his own and just ran a 10 mile race in 72 minutes today. On fire he is.

This week. 6 mls Monday at lunch time/ 7.2 miles up in mayfield. a good hard workout and a very good 7.6 miles at 7.54 pace on Thursday. I was cruising for that one.

Today (Sunday) I had hoped for a big long run. Ideally somewhere in the region of 27 miles, 4.20 on the feet. I was doing ok for first 18 miles. There was a few personal issues going on over weekend and that was certainly playing on my mind. Felt unsettled and being honest was becoming very bored with the run, not tuned in, not happy, bothered. Ankle flared up at 17 miles and I came to a shuddering halt at 18 miles. I just had enough and wanted to get back home. 38 miles for the week. A lot lower than what I hoped for.

Very disappointed, Less than 3 weeks to Donadea and probably just getting to the start line might be as good as I can hope for. Finishing even under 5hrs30mins, (nevermind 5 hours) or even finishing at all would be a achievement.

This week will consist of smaller easier runs. Being the eejit I am I have booked in for a more interesting run on Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment