Sunday 21 November 2021

a good tough week is a lot better than a tough bad week

 39 miles for the week

6.2 miles on Monday in work at 8.46 pace. Legs felt ok considering the 15 miles the day before

No run Tuesday

6.2 miles on Wednesday up in Mayfield. This one I enjoyed. It was at 8.17 pace as distinct from 8.25 pace the last time. I felt smoother going up the hills and I was happy with it.

6 miles on Thursday . 1.5 mile warm up with 4 x 1 miles and a 1/2 mile jog home. The repeats were slightly flat but I was glad to get them done. 7.10 for the first one, 7.20 for the second one but I was held up by traffic on the road. 7.03 and 7.08 after that.

No run Friday.

4 miles at easy 9 minute pace on Saturday.

17 miles at 8.58 pace around Charleville. I fell into the company of North Cork AC runners which helped me through 4 miles at the end. I forgot how enjoyable company is when running. Most importantly I got the planned workout done albeit at a slow pace though the average heart rate was a worry 161.

Note : Left ankle very sore again this evening. 






No comments:

Post a Comment