Sunday 26 April 2020

Running in the time of COVID part 4

Another good solid weeks running but the weekend was a bit tougher than I expected. The stats are good for me. 31 miles. 5 mls Monday (8.35 pace), 5 mls Tuesday with 3 x 1 miles (7.13, 7.12, 7.11) and 5 miles on Wednesday (8.09) The legs felt good on the Wednesday run. Thursday I pushed on a bit for 6 miles on the Cooleen run but the pace was slower and I was dragging a bit at the end. Friday was a day for cutting the grass and Saturday was given over to painting the walk in wardrobes. That meant the 10 mile run was due for Sunday and from the first mile the whole thing was a real effort. The pace was consistent enough (8.30). I ran the route from my house , down the park (3 laps), the railway run and to Corbett Court and back taking Bakers road on the way home. I was totally out of puff at this point and glad to have it done. It was humid and I should have pre hydrated more. The legs were heavy too. Nevertheless it was job done and sometimes that's ok.

31 miles for the week, (Monday 5 miles, Tuesday 5 miles, Wednesday 5 miles, Thursday 6 miles, Sunday 10 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment