Sunday 10 March 2019

going well up to a point.....

The week had gone very well. Tuesday I ran around 7.7 miles in a hour. Wednesday I did a "Mayfield" run covering around 7.5 miles in over a hour, around 8.17 pace and Thursday I covered 8 miles a hour. This was my best running in a long time and I followed it up with a 4 mile recovery run on Saturday. Everything should have been set up for a 21 mile long run on the Sunday. I had planned to meet up with Aidan up in Cork on Saturday but the journey down for Aidan from Portarlington was probably asking a bit much. I didn't fancy the journey down to Mallow as I knew a large number were racing in Newmarket later that day. That left me with the solo option in Charleville and to be honest I didn't fancy it.....

So there you are....

No comments:

Post a Comment