Tuesday 27 November 2018

Two half's (halve's) on the table

I got over the whole fall thing pretty quickly taking part in a half marathon in Portarlington on the Sunday week after. I  met very briefly with Aidan before and after. It was a beautiful day for it which was just as well as the course was pretty tough and I found it a struggle at times. The course was a mix of country roads with a fair few pulls taking us up and around Emo forest. My finishing time was another modest 1.48.25 but  was happy with the resilience I showed in some pretty tough sections. I think if training goes well over the next few months such races will stand to be. The rest of the week consisted of 3 X 1 hour runs around Charleville, Mayfield and the Mardyke opting for a 25 minute (7.15 pace) tempo run on the Sunday instead of the more usual long run. The only concern I have at the moment is the tight hamstring that is a issue since the half marathon. I am due to run another half marathon on the following Saturday in Waterford. I have to be realistic as to where I am but on the plus side I feel I am making positive strides. I just have to be patient.

No comments:

Post a Comment