Sunday 22 October 2017

Treading carefully

Week ended 22nd October

I got a lucky break on Tuesday when I was informed my place of employment would be closed on Tuesday but the creche was reopening. That allowed me to drop Iseult into the creche and me to run 18 miles without worrying about getting the time to do so. The run itself was pretty average, 8.35 pace and the legs felt heavy for all of it. I considered tacking on another 2 miles but at this stage it may do me little good. On Wednesday I tacked on another 4 miles (recovery pace), resting Thursday and running 7 miles with a 5 mile tempo at 7.10 pace on Friday.

The latter run reaffirmed my faith that my legs weren't totally dead. I ran during my lunch break going out towards the Straight road and back. That run felt great. Rest day Saturday and a 13 mile run on Sunday in Charleville (8.25 pace). The legs were still finding it tough going.

Thats pretty much it now. A couple of short snappier runs during the week and then its up to Dublin for the marathon on Sunday week. No expectations.

Miles for the week 42 miles

1 comment: