Saturday 16 September 2017

Taper 2

Week ending 17th September

Getting there...getting there

Sunday 10th September

...marked the last big workout of this marathon cycle - a 15 mile marathon pace run around Charleville. I was in little form for it on the Saturday before settling instead for a 4 mile recovery jog the day after running a good 8.5 mile in Cork during my work break. Anyway after the first mile at 7.54 pace I warmed well to the task running the other 14 miles between 7.36 and 7.28 pace (7.32 average) I was delighted with the workout. Running 15 miles at marathon pace on your own isn't easy and I was glad to have done it as well as I could.

Monday was a 4 mile recovery jog in Cork again during my lunchbreak. Rest Tuesday. Wednesday 8 miles at 7.20 pace. Rest Thursday. Friday 8 miles in Cork at 7.45 pace. Rest Saturday. 11.5 miles on Sunday courtesy of a nice run around Charleville. The half marathon was on at the time and I watched the runners coming in at 1hr15min to 1hr30min. I was delighted to see Aidan coming in under 1hr30 again. Hopefully next year,,,;-)

Nearly there now. This week was tough from a family and work point of view but the running was excellent.

1 week to go. Persistent tiredness is still a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment