Sunday 23 April 2017

Daft I know.....

April 23rd
I was mulling over the race in Edenderry and I suppose in some ways I did well. I was able to keep with the 7 minute pace for longer than I expected but I wasn’t able to keept going as a good runner might have hoped.

Tuesday I took a day off from the running, busy calling up to my sisters and taking my 6th years in for a bit of extra work. Wednesday I was minding Iseult all day and that kept me on my toes. I was feeling weary from the race at this stage and running was the last thing I felt like doing. Minding a baby (even it is your own daughter) is surprisingly both boring and hard work at the same time. Iseult didn’t seem to mind and seemed happy enough with how her disorganised Dad was lurching around the place looking for bibs, nappies or plastic spoons. She’s a lovely baby !!!
Thursday was the day to get back into running, running the standard 8 miles at 7.55 pace. The effort was easier than I thought and I followed this up with a 8 mile marathon pace run at 7.34 pace on the Friday. I had a 3 meal the night before but thankfully it had digested well enough. Saturday morning was a 7 mile run with Doneraile with 4 X 5 minutes at 7.04 pace with the club. I opted out of the fifth repeat, all in good time.

Sunday , the morning of the London marathon and the Connemara marathon, I jogged 2 X7 mile loops around the town. The pace was easy so much so I got to thinking about maybe running the Cork marathon in 5 weeks as a training run. Daft I know…..


Miles for the week – 47 miles, Monday 10 miles, Thursday 8 miles, Friday 8 miles, Saturday 7 miles, Sunday 14 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment