Sunday 30 April 2017

Changing Dynamics?

Week ending 30th April

Another week up on the legs but marked by a tummy bug on Wednesday which side lined me that day and the Thursday. Not such a big thing but I had hoped to grab 40 miles this week and had to settle for a 33 mile week. Tuesday was a tough workout with the club 6 miles with 6 X 1k loop repeats in Doneraile park. It was a small enough turnout but Mick, Eamonn, Tony and Colman were flying it. Me less so but I enjoyed the workout despite being nearly locked in the park by the caretaker. The tummy wasn’t great that morning but I had hoped to a few miles on the Wednesday but I was not in great shape when I come home that evening – heavy sweats, cramps etc etc. Iseult had a tummy bug during the start of the week so maybe it was one of those things, she’s fine now. I went to bed at 7.30 and sleep straight through till 7.15 the next day. As a result I couldn’t make my A.M run as Aoiffe was busy Thursday night leaving me with having to make do with 6 miles on Friday morning. The legs were wobbly enough probably a lot to do with the fact I had only run once during the week at this stage. Saturday morning was the 10k run in Doneraile run with Tony, Paudie and Catherine. 

This is a tough early workout but I able to pick up the pace the last two miles.

Sunday I ran 15 miles at a relaxed 8.30 pace on Sunday morning but being honest it was a dog of a run. I didn’t enjoy it at all, just didn’t feel comfortable at all. It was also another solo run in Charleville, maybe I need to change the dynamic a bit.


33 miles Tuesday 6 miles, Friday 6 miles, Saturday 6 miles, Sunday 15 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment