Sunday 27 September 2015

Something is better than nothing

Week ended 26th September

Well I’m back running anyway so that’s something. The mileage isn’t much higher than 40 -50 miles a week with faster workouts confined to a  Sunday race and the bread and butter long runs completed on Thursday evenings. Last week my two significant workouts were a long run in Mayfield after work- I enjoyed that run, running 2 miles in Mayfield going out as far as the Model Farm road and looping around back onto the Mardyke. I finished on Summerhill North grabbing the bus at St Lukes. I had racked up 21 miles/ 3hrs05mins and that was plenty. Then it was shower and change up in my mums and heading up to the hospital to see my Dad. It was my best run up there in a long time.

The other good workout was the Charleville half marathon on the following Sunday. I had planned to run this at marathon pace with a view to pushing on for the last 3.1 miles. All in all it worked pretty well starting off with the 1.45 pacers and catching up with the 1.40 pacers at mile 12 getting in at 1.39.16. It was a good confidence boost if nothing else as I felt I could push on for a another hour at least.I had originally targeted this race last June as a PB race but sometimes you have to make do with what you got.

This week consisted of two good workouts on Wednesday with 9 miles at 7.32 pace and 22.35 miles on Thursday evening. I didn’t enjoy the long run as much despite the longer distance and faster pace stopping in McCurtain St for the now obligatory bus ride home and the trip to see Dad on the other side of the city. Friday was a rest day with a handy 5.5 jog on the Saturday morning. There was no run on Sunday morning as I was pretty wrecked. I was disappointed in that but the energy was not there to go out again.

While it has been a solid two weeks running I have to be realistic regarding Frankfurt.

Week ended 20th September 50 miles


Week ended 27th September 40 miles


No comments:

Post a Comment