Wednesday 8 July 2015

Step on

8th July

Last Christmas I purchased my wife a smart phone thingy as part of the yuletide celebrations. I don’t have much interest in such technological machinations happy to make do with my functional brick. Truth be known I don’t see much value in a lot of it at all- after all how much internet/information access does one need? Anyway what is interesting is the pedometer app on it. (I like the real feel weather thing too) The target stepcounter calls for a minimum of 5,000 steps a day. A soft walking target but it does work out as a solid 3 miles a day. Anyway I have got into asking her "How many steps have you done today ?" which given my mildly obsessive compulsive nature is probably driving her nuts. Best to stop now...

My “how many steps have we done today” reached new levels of interest last week during a 5 day trip to London. I think we walked around on average 8,000 to 9,000 steps a day which was pretty good going , around 8K to 9K a day, going from one sightseeing opportunity to another and also from one eatery to another. The trip to London was as always a good one coinciding with the big smoke hitting 2 of it’s hottest days in decades. We stopped at Hampton Court Flower show, the National Portrait gallery, Tate modern, the Imperial War Museum and a few other delights. Running wise I managed to stretch the legs for 2 X 1 hour jogs around Hyde park, where as Blur once said “All you runners go around and around and around”. Not far wrong either. Nice spot though. Enjoyed buying a buckletload of CD's in HMV in Oxford St.

Sunday I was back on terra firma for a cutback 10 mile long run. 2 races coming up by the end of the week.
Week ending 5th July 28 miles and lots of walking.


Monday 4 mile light jog, Wednesday 7 miles with 7 X 30 second sprints, Friday 7 miles, Sunday 10 miles @ 8.16 pace

No comments:

Post a Comment