Friday 10 April 2015

Last post before Sunday.

Friday 10th April.
We are heading up to Galway city tomorrow. Race is on Sunday. The buses collect the ultra participants at 7 am and the race starts at 9 am with a race briefing beforehand in Peacocks hotel. The last 5 days have dragged interminably but I am getting plenty of rest and power naps during the day. Being a part time paid teacher has it’s advantages, namely the Easter break lasts two weeks which is a great aid to the tapering process. It would be even better to get paid for it.
Running wise,  as you would expect, I did very little. 8 miles on Monday at 8.30 pace, Wednesday 6 miles at conversational pace with my friend Don Golden. I ran 2 miles this morning as I had to drop the car to the mechanic. The last week of the taper is just about keeping the legs fresh and keeping things ticking over.
I popped into Lidl this morning to pick up a few bits and pieces for the drop bags during the race. Aoiffe wondered was I running 100 miles rather than 39.3 miles as I had picked up so much stuff. Sure it will be all put to good use one way or the other.
Weather doesn’t look great on Sunday – rain with wind- the runners nightmare. Of course the nice sunshine of the last 5 days wouldn’t be great either but rain with wind is a real pain. Just have to suck it up and dress accordingly.
Anyway that’s it. Talk soon. All excited now.

Monday 8 miles, Wednesday 6 miles, Friday 2 miles.


No comments:

Post a Comment