Sunday 24 August 2014

Shift...


Week ending 24th August.

I was wondering how the body would react to a tough day out in Clonmel but no problems this week. Truth be known it was a good running week accumulating my highest weekly mileage in a long time (56 miles). Monday was a 3 mile recovery run, Tuesday 8 miles and Wednesday 11.25 miles at around 8.15-8.30 pace. All very relaxed and respectable. The tempo run was a faster affair and was my best tempo run so far in the training cycle. Average pace was 7.06 per mile with the last few miles coming in at 7 minutes and 6.46 each. The HR was 152 which if correct is very promising indeed. Friday was a rest day running 6 miles with 6 x 3 minute inserts at sub 6.30 pace on Saturday. I wasn’t far off 6 minute pace at times in the intervals.

Sunday was 20 miles with the club. I had notions of running 3 hours but again the pace was very solid with me running the 20 miles in 2hrs48minutes. Next time I run a long run I will have to spend 3hours on my feet. Again the HR if correct was low - 140.

A lot of the club members are putting in a massive shift in training – all the more admirable when you consider they are mixing running with work and family life.  I am putting in a good shift myself. Hopefully it will pay off. This week will give me a good idea.

Monday 3 mls, Tuesday 8mls,Wed 11.25mls, Thursday 8.2mls with 5ml tempo, Saturday 6mls with 6 X3 mins, Sunday 20mls.


No comments:

Post a Comment