Sunday 3 June 2012

A dodgy fusebox


30th May

9.30 miles charleville. Warm day for it. Legs felt v heavy so had to take it slow. Ran in 1.15.51(8.10 pace). Heart rate 147  bpm.

31st May

Up and out the door by 7 am.Late start in work helped my cause. Legs were very heavy. Reflected in my first (uphill) mile 8.42 pace. After that things picked up and was finishing under 7.45 pace for the last few miles. Did 8 miles at 7.49 pace. Around 1 hr 2 mins 30 seconds. Average HRM 150.

1st June

Long day at work. Have a job in September but not quite the conditions I hoped for.I would be lying if I said I wasn't pissed off. The situation regarding part time /pro rata teachers is a effin disgrace. Anyway regardless of all that I won’t be running the 5K in Doneraile tonight. Shame as I was hoping to do it but what with the Cork half marathon  on Monday it’s probably best to save the legs.

2nd June

Legs were heavy again when I headed out but just wanted to keep it slow as possible. After each of the first 3 miles I walked for a minute or two. By mile 6 felt a lot better and decided to run at a fast tempo pace for a mile. Did this in 6.55 pace. Did mile 7 in jogging pace again (9.20 p) and mile 8 a little bit faster in 8.20.Went up to Cork City. Met my dad for a chat and then collected my number and Aidan’s number in the expo. Very low key as per usual. Goody bag was crap apart from the t shirt there was little of any use in it. Not even a bag of tayto!!! Called up to my mums and then back to Charleville where my lovely wife has just made a lovely soda bread  and one of her freshly made pizzas –none of that Goodfella’s rubbish either. Jamie Oliver will be always be welcome in our house!!!

3RD June

Bucketing from the skies the last 24 hours. Normally don’t mind running in the rain but the wife wanted to run her 3 miles but didn’t fancy doing it the rain so opted for the gym instead. Haven’t used my gym membership in 2 months so I suppose why not!!!. Thinking of ending my membership as the monthly cost and my lack of use on top of escalating costs is making it too expensive. Anyway did 3 miles on the treadmill under half a hour making it a recovery run. Aoiffe tipped away as well. Having problems with the fusebox and the electrics at the mo in the house. More expense.

My weekly mileage would have been nearer 50 miles this week were it not for the Cork half marathon being on a bank hoiliday Monday. This is my long run as well as a race so the totals are skewed as a result. I hope next week to get up to 50 miles



Weekly mileage 38.4 miles. Tuesday 10 miles, Wednesday 9.3 miles, Thursday 8 miles, Saturday 8 miles, Sunday 3.1 miles

3 comments:

  1. All the best tomorrow Cathal. Would have liked to run Doneraile too but time was not on my side.

    ReplyDelete