Monday 1 April 2019

a hour forward

It's the end of March so that means the clocks go forward and it marks brighter evenings and the beginning of summer sport in this country - GAA cycling soccer and road running.

I had a lot of early running starts this morning. Tuesday up at 6.30 am for a 4 mile easy jog. Wednesday at 6.20 am for a 6 mile run with a 3 mle tempo portion in the middle. The tempo wasn't very good  but that was to be expected but job done (7.23, 7.35 and 7.45). Thursday I was up at a ridiculous time of 6 am (parent teacher meeting that evening) for a 1 hour jog on my favoured cooleens route. It's a fast route but the early start didn't suit the legs too much but the run was solid enough - 7.3 miles/ 8.13 pace.

Friday and Saturday made running impossible as Aoiffe was away up in Dublin on a course so the long run was on Sunday. I still don't know where I am going with these but did 13.2 miles at a good solid pace - 8.25 with 1 hour 51 minutes on the clock. I spotted club colleague Paudie runnng 20 miles at a wicked 7.30 pace. Monday (today) was a 45 minute walk to stretch out the legs around 3 miles of so in the company of a work colleague.

Around 33 miles for the week.  I enjoyed the running week. I am running Connemara 13.1 in a few weeks. Looking forward to it. I will treat it as a meet up with a friend.


No comments:

Post a Comment