Monday 1 October 2018

leaving it go but looking beyond...

....the Dublin marathon. I have simply decided to leave it go. That's two marathons I have abandoned this year - Manchester and Dublin plus a 10 mile race in Dungarvan. I reclaimed the money back on them. In 2014 I gave Sixmilebridge a miss on account of a groin strain (which took 4 weeks to sort out) and Galway Bay in 2016 (on account of breaking my arm in the summer) but these no shows were simply not down to having the heart to do it.This is simply a case of not being boovered.

What that means for future marathons I don't know but thankfully I am still back running and enjoying it. The mileage is quite low - 25 to 30 miles with no speedwork and no Garmin either. I did run the half marathon in Tullamore (August) and Charleville (September).Neither run was great and it was painful in parts but I did enjoy it running 1.56 and 1.47 respectively. Last year I was running 1.33  to 1.35 for half marathons which gives a idea how things have changed this year.

I have a couple of races to enter this year but I won't be saying too much about those for a while yet. 

No comments:

Post a Comment