Sunday 26 March 2017

Need that sleep

Week ending 26th March

Continuing where I left off on Monday , I went back running on Wednesday, Thursday, Sunday all early in the morning with a disappointed aborted effort on Saturday. Wednesday I ran 7.5 miles with 8 X 3 minute efforts in the middle. I ran using the stopwatch so all distances were approximate. This was run at 5.50 am back home by 7.05 and then into work for a pretty straightforward day. Thursday morning was a strong effort, 8 miles again with the last 4 miles run at 7.45, 7.28, 7.27 and 7.35 pace. I felt good in work and when I came home to my Daddy role I was feeling fresh. It appeared the morning runs were working well for me. However by Friday evenings I was beginning to feel the effort practically nodding off during supervised study that evening. The students thought this was hilarious.

 I then met Derm and Tim for the Ireland – Wales soccer game and drove home that night at 11. 30 pm. The plan was then to drive back up to Cork the next day after minding Iseult during the night (Aoiffe’s night off) and give Nana Chris a bit of time with her while I went for a 13 mile run. This was a foolish plan ignoring the rule that you can’t without a decent amount of sleep. I had painted myself into a corner and I was shattered Saturday when I got up to Cork. I simply handed Iseult to Nana and went upstairs for a 2 hour snoozefest. I still wasn’t great all day with my stomach rebelling against me a few times in the day too. (eating too much chocolate lately ).Sunday morning I was a lot better , not withstanding Iseult’s new sleep transition and managed a 8.5 mile jog at 7 am before heading down to Mallow to help with their plans for the 10 mile race. As I say I would have preferred a longer effort but it was the best I could manage.

32 miles for the week. Monday 8.5 miles with strides. Tuesday 7.5 miles, Thursday 8miles, Sunday 8.5 miles.

Below a photo receiving stewarding instructions from club chairman Ger Buckley. I actually hadn’t a clue where I was supposed to be going !!!! Thankfully all figured out in the end.




No comments:

Post a Comment