Sunday 10 March 2013

Steady as she goes.....


4th March to 10th March

Plan this week to get good solid miles up on the legs. No speedwork, just wanting to respond to my Ballycotton run by getting a good weeks running up on legs hoping adapation will occur and I will be ready to turn to my next race.

Mentally tuning into another weeks training after a demanding race is always difficult but totally necessary. No point in resting on your laurels. I have pretty much figured out what I want my next marathon to be- anybody figured it out yet?

On a side note I have signed to a massive challenge next year but more about that at the end of the year.

Anyway back to the running....

Monday was the by the now traditional 3 mile recovery run. Legs were v heavy so I jogged at a really slow pace (10 mins) and tried to see how low could I bring the heart rate down.When I was finished the watch read a HR of 139Hr. My lowest ever was 129Hr but a good start nevertheless. Tuesday was a 10K run, not at a incredibly fast pace but running early at 7am sets me up for a good day. Pace was around 8.12 bu the last 5 miles were well under 8 minute pace. HR was 151. By Wednesday I was wrecked, no two ways about it. The thoughts of a 8 mile run up in Mayfield wasn’t filling me with much excitement but on the other hand I was motivated by how I would feel if I didn’t do it. Did the whole thing in over a hour. Not fast again but all good miles-8.17 pace.

Thursday was more of the same. Met up with the Mallow group, forsaking the speed work for a solid 7 social miles at 8.30 pace. Sunday was my first group run with Mallow since middle of January. Jogged down the back with Aidan, Pat and Paudie. 15 miles in 2hrs14mins35seconds, 8.54 pace. A cold wet day for it but a good one to get up on the legs.

The weather forecast for the week isn’t good at all but will hope to log 40 miles with a possible 4/7(4temp)/9/7/rest/6/rest week ahead of me.

Steady as she goes.........................................................................

Some photos of Ballycotton. The first pic is of Aidan McGee, David Hackett and myself post race. The second one is far more serious with McGee about to slip past me on the line. (Bugger)

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment